A natural alternate approach to horse keeping.
Here at Stevley Park we are committed to emulating a horses natural life style within the confines of the modern farm.
We believe that giving horses as close to natural lifestyle as possible includes the following:
- Our horses do not have metal shoes nailed on their feet, they are bare hoofed.
- We use hoof boots if our horses are to be worked/ridden on ground they are not accustomed to.
- Only the old or arthritic horses are rugged during the worst of winter.
- Our herd rotates through three 10 acre paddocks.
- Our horses are ridden bitless and most are ridden treeless.
- Access to free choice pasture hay.
- Company of other equines 24/7.
- Enough pasture space to be able to run and play safely.